Re: [LAU] jackd process can't be killed

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 01 2009 - 07:57:15 EET

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:27:58PM -0500, R Dicaire wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > What exactly is the MIDI problem, and how could I duplicate it here? I'd be happy to test with this kernel (on a x86 Atom) and see if it is solved.
>
> Anything that tries to open the alsa sequencer device hangs.

Perhaps you are referring to a situation with jackd involved.

For reference, I plugged in a MIDI keyboard tonight to the
external box of my ice1712 based soundcard. I am running
a 2.6.26 kernel compiled with the Ingo realtime patch.

MIDI messages from the keyboard showed up using aseqdump.
I Ctrl-C'd and restarted several times. Messages show
up as expected.

Happy new year to all!

Joel

--