Re: [LAU] encoding aac/m4a for wii

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 01 2009 - 08:49:07 EET

On Wednesday 31 December 2008 03:49, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> We got a wii for christmas, and it seems it can only handle audio in
> "aac (.m4a)" format. However I have no experience with this format, but

Earlier versions of the Photo Channel support mp3, not aac (I've never
updated for that reason.) After you've used the Twilight Hack to enable
arbitrary code execution on the Wii (if you haven't already), maybe you
can find a copy of the older version and downgrade it. As far as I know,
there are no other "improvements" in the newer versions other than
supporting aac and dropping mp3 support.

I'd love for someone to hack ogg support into that thing, but I imagine
someone will come up with a totally different, free-software-based photo
viewer first.

Rob