Re: [LAU] jackd process can't be killed

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 01:22:29 EET

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 19:13 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:49:26AM -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > MIDI doesn't work in 2.6.26???!
> > >
> > > Is that for real? Is it really a kernel problem or an ALSA problem?
> > > Is there a workaround?
> >
> > The problem I see is with the rt patch applied. And only when
> > interfacing with external hardware midi interfaces. A partial workaround
> > made midi input work, but the internal timer has problems.
> >
> > I have not checked midi under 2.6.26-rt12 yet...
>
> I have a 2.6.26.8-rt12 sitting here built, ready to try booting off of it.
>
> What exactly is the MIDI problem, and how could I duplicate it here? I'd
> be happy to test with this kernel (on a x86 Atom) and see if it is solved.

The problem I see only happens when you use the ALSA sequencer API with
any external MIDI interface. The sequencer API works fine as long as
external ports are not involved. And if you use an external MIDI
interface through the rawmidi interface it works fine. The combination
of rawmidi + sequencer fails...

-- Fernando