[LAU] Made with Linux

From: Stéphane Magnenat <stephane@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 12:47:04 EET

Hello everybody,

Here are two music pieces that I have composed using Linux:
- Variations d'Automne
        http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/26105
- To Hope
        http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/30718
The lossless FLACs are available on my homepage:
        http://stephane.magnenat.net/music.html

I've used the following programs:
- Jack
- Rosegarden
- Ardour
- LADSPA + various plugins
- Lilypond

In addition, for To Hope, I have recorded each singer separately, and then
adjusted the pitches using a custom-made Qt4 GUI over Praat
(http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/praat/). Thanks to this trick, singing is in-tune
in To Hope, event though the piece was difficult to sing and the singers were
amateurs. To ensure temporal synchronisation, singers were listening to their
voices in a headphone while singing. However, I still had to adjust
synchronisation a lot using Ardour. If anyone is interested in the Qt4 GUI
over Praat, I'll be happy to release it as open source, but be warned that it
is currently very custom-tailored to my need, not particularly clean, and not
commented.

Kind Regards. Have a nice day,

Stéphane

--