Re: [LAU] more Ingen questions

From: Tim Jones <tjones01@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 03:57:07 EET

Josh,

My DSSI plugins don't show up in Ingen either. In fact, there was no trace
of any DSSI components in my build process. I found this though:
http://dev.drobilla.net/changeset/838
It seems DSSI hasn't been in Ingen for over a year now. :(

Not sure about your LADSPA issue.

If I understand your MIDI problem correctly, you'll want to right click on
the canvas, then select Input -> Event. For me, this creates a red box
labelled "event_input_1" and I now also see in my qjackctl connections a
MIDI input for Ingen called "event_input_1". So you can now wire your red
box to other red inlets on the canvas, and do the proper hookups in jack as
well for your MIDI keyboard.

Ingen is still in early stages of development, still in svn and without a
stable release posted, so there will not be any documentation for it really.
I've only been messing with it for a couple of weeks now, but it definitely
seems easier to figure out than Pd. I don't think you can expect to do
anything really productive in Pd straight away, but there is a lot more
documentation (and a visibly bigger community) out there for Pd than for
Ingen. I think I found this little guide fairly useful:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/

I'm making slow progress in Pd myself. I frequently quit this stuff for a
while, then come back. Good luck!