[LAU] tool for slowing down recordings for practice and transcription

From: Joseph Sheedy <joseph.sheedy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 06:59:54 EET

Hello LAU,

I'm looking for a tool with which to slow down recordings so I can
more easily transcribe melodies. Up to now I've been importing the
audio into Ardour and using the time stretch tool to create a slower
copy of the tracks. It's not easy to try different speeds like this
though. Sometimes I set the playback speed wheel to 50% to hear it at
half speed down an octave, but that's not great either. I know
there are some shareware tools out there designed for this, such as
http://www.practice-perfect.com/transcribe.html. What do you like to use?

Thanks!

 --Joseph Sheedy