Re: [LAU] what's happened to rezound?

From: Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 23:40:32 EET

El 01/05/2009 05:30 PM, andy baxter escribió:
> Natanael Olaiz wrote:
>
>> I don't know the precompiled version, but in UbuntuStudio Hardy, I
>> installed it with apt-build (with -O3 architecture optimization) and
>> it works fine on a 64 bit machine. What kind of problems did you have
>> with the ubuntu version?
>>

> The precompiled version kept segfaulting (on a 32 bit machine). I was
> trying to set it up for a friend who runs linux and does a fair bit of
> simple wave editing, and I thought he would like the program. I then
> decided it would be good to install 64 studio for him as it's
> specifically designed for audio work (which is one of the main things he
> does), and had bad luck with rezound using that distro as well - no
> segfaults but lots of weird errors like clicking sounds being inserted
> into recorded tracks, or files playing back at the wrong speed.

Well, I have to say that I didn't tried it so much, just installed it
and quickly edited a file and seemed to be working OK.
As 64 studio is Debian based too, so you could try what I did. You have
to install the apt-build package, and then "apt-build install rezound"
(or whatever is the name on 64 studio). That would install the same
package as the precompiled, but compiling it from the source
(automatically, simpler as apt-get), and optimized to the machine.

> So altogether I have got the impression that rezound isn't an easy
> program to install at the moment. This might just be my bad luck though.

Well, the project seems to be a little abandoned, so it could have some
issues on new distributions :-/
But maybe compiling it from the source, it could have less issues...

Good luck!,
Natanael.