Re: [LAU] Any opinions on this ...

From: Janina Sajka <janina@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 16 2009 - 07:52:53 EET

I wouldn't. I don't know about whatever extra noise damping they do. I
can tell you that my Asus P3-PH5X is pretty darn quiet, and it was all
stock parts bought from Newegg.

The memory they're offering is on the slow side. The cpu and hd are low
on cache memory. I think you can do better. Because I've been shopping,
some examples from Newegg this week:

A Core 2 Duo at 3.0 Ghz with 12 Mb L2 cache: $169

DDR3 1600 RAM around $130 for 2Gb, about half that for DDR2.

A 1Tb Hitachi sata drive with 32Mb cache for $79 after all the rebates.

Asus P3-PH5 for $179.

I would maximze ram and cache to optimize performance. The more you run
from ram instead of drive based swap, the better.

hth

Janina

Kevin Cosgrove writes:

> ... system for audio work?