[LAU] Firewire interface in 20-bit mode?

From: Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 19:01:40 EET

I have a Saffire Pro26, and I've been happily using it for a few months
now, both alone and with a DBX386 to give me channels 9&10 via SPDIF. I
have a few old ADAT LX20s, which I could use as external A/D converters,
except for the fact that the current state of the firewire driver supports
24bit transfers only, and the ADATs will only do 16 or 20.
   How deeply entrenched in the code is this 24-bit restriction? Would it
be feasable to hack a 20-bit version of the driver for those times when 10
tracks just aren't enough?

--
Rick Green
                                   -Benjamin Franklin