Re: [LAU] Bpm detection/quantize

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 04:06:48 EET

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 22:53 -0200, surian wrote:
> hey, why such anger Fons?
>
> I really don't see it as a defect (it's just a fact).
> The music is beautiful and makes me want to use it.

Well, what makes it beautiful?

Most probably one of the dimensions of its beauty is the fact that it
does not have an exact beat... :-) You will squash that dimension to a
point, and probably my ears would be unhappy with the result (something
that was there and was part of the perception of beauty will be gone).
Then again you may add another dimension of beauty to make up for that
loss. Or not.

-- Fernando