Re: [LAU] NtEd

From: ben <brouits@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 18:34:16 EET

Laura Conrad a écrit :

> ethan> What has other's experiences been so far with these new and
> ethan> developing programs?
>
> I use lilypond and have used ABC in the past. You can use rosegarden
> or musescore as a frontend to lilypond, but I haven't been very
> successful doing it. I have an emacs program that takes MIDI keyboard
> input and puts lilypond notes in the buffer, and I can use
> point-and-click on the xpdf screen to get back to my emacs buffer.
>
> I don't claim that this is as easy to set up as a GUI would be, but
> given all the options you want for a full-featured notation editor,
> for me anything that works with emacs is easier to use than anything
> that doesn't.

Following the thread, i admit i still do not have made my choice:
i stared by using denemo with lilypond output, then switched to write
lilypond or ABC with vim, and have recently given a try with nted. I
noticed nted has a good midi-output, considering ornaments and other
expression directives.
- ben