Re: [LAU] NtEd

From: Laura Conrad <sunny@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 18:02:07 EET

>>>>> "ethan" == ethan a young <ethan.y.us@email-addr-hidden> writes:

    ethan> What has other's experiences been so far with these new and
    ethan> developing programs?

I use lilypond and have used ABC in the past. You can use rosegarden
or musescore as a frontend to lilypond, but I haven't been very
successful doing it. I have an emacs program that takes MIDI keyboard
input and puts lilypond notes in the buffer, and I can use
point-and-click on the xpdf screen to get back to my emacs buffer.

I don't claim that this is as easy to set up as a GUI would be, but
given all the options you want for a full-featured notation editor,
for me anything that works with emacs is easier to use than anything
that doesn't.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@email-addr-hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139