Re: [LAU] jack trouble

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 15:56:21 EET

Dan Muresan wrote:

> Andre, if you're on Hardy, a simple troubleshooting step would be to
> install updated jackd / qjackctl packages; I have Hardy backports for
> all kinds of audio packages in my PPA:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~danmbox/+archive/ppa

Ok, that changed a bit.

Now I can reliably start jackd from the command line without the noise.
Just dit it over 30 times, before it would crackle something line one
out of three.

Unfortunately, jack still exits with after a while with:

subgraph starting at ChucK timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=9, status = 0,
state = Running, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)

Also not if starting jack from qjackctl, on my second atempt at lauching
chuck, I get (from chuck)

[chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for compiled audio APIs!
[chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)

This normally appears when starting a jack-enabled chuck when jack is
not started. I naturally re-compiled my chuck (after installing
libjack-dev (or what's it's exact name). Before recompiling I checked at
the old chuck seems to behave like my fresh compile.

Basically. This is all very good news, although I'm not quite there yet.
But I'm wondering what's difference between starting jackd from qjackctl
and doing `cat ~/.jackdrc`? If I understood this, it might be possible
to merge the best of both worlds, or get *either* commandline jackd to
not stop *or* qjackctl to accept the second lauch of chuck.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk