[LAU] Are there Guitar Tab Editors supporting uneven time signatures?

From: Viktor Mastoridis <viktor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 17:48:57 EET

Hello to all,

I play bouzouki and guitar and most of my music repertoire is in (Eastern
European) uneven time signatures (5/8, 7/8, 9/8 etc).

I was trying to write Guitar/Bouzouki tablature/notation of this music on
Linux in the past but without much success.

The main (hidden) problem with these rhythms is the grouping of notes, i.e.
5/8 can be 2+3/8 or 3+2/8,
7/8 is 2+2+3/8 or 3+2+2/8 etc...

Thus the grouping of the notes needs to reflect this fact as it is essential
for the performer.

My experience so far:

Songwite, Gnometab and Kguitar don't support this feature.

Lilypond - great for output, covers almost all needs, but grouping has to be
done bar-by-bar which is really time consuming. Chords are not supported
well for now (name and display)

TuxGuitar is amazingly easy for note input, but it doesn't support note
grouping as well. I requested this feature on their forum some time ago but
no response from the developers so far

Exporting Tuxguitar to Lilypond is what I use at moment, but for a longer
instrumentals in 9/8 with say, two bouzoukia, it takes days to edit/produce
a clear tablature/notation.

Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.

Viktor