Re: [LAU] Remove generic ALSA driver before compiling new one?

From: Florian Hollerweger <flo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 21:58:33 EET

Hi Dave,

Dave Phillips wrote:
> When you built ALSA did you set the prefix option, i.e. :
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> If not, you might have two ALSA installations on your system now, one in
> the /usr hierarchy and one in /usr/local.

Ah, the famous --prefix=/usr! No, of course I hadn't applied that.

> Rebuild with the correct option and reinstall, let us know if that works.

Since I have - duh! - purged the respective kernel since, I cannot do a
rebuild. Sorry, I should have kept it around for testing this out. But
thanks for the hint, it sounds reasonable to me that that's what caused
the problem. I will probably compile my own ALSA driver on another
generic Debian kernel soon and report the results here.

Thanks,
flo.H