Re: [LAU] 24-bit files and hisss....

From: Bearcat M. Şandor <hometheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 22:09:18 EET

On Sunday 15 February 2009 06:15:37 hollunder@gmx.at wrote:
> I haven't tried but I somewhat doubt that 24bit is the problem, my
> guess is that it's only the channel count that's the problem for most
> players.
>
> Philipp
That's my guess too Phillip. Right now, i'm just trying to discern the
pattern. I have a 24/88 4 channel album that plays fine in everything. It's
this Lord of the Rings in 24/88 6-channel that is the pain.

Now, loading these files into an editor like kwav and playing them there? No
problem .

A thought i had was that mplayer and xine all use ffmpeg and it might be a
problem with that library. However, the file crashes alsaplayer, xmms and even
flac123 too. So much for that theory.

I'm pretty sure that it's not a hardware problem. though.

Thanks for all the input folks.

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Bearcat@feline-soul.net