Re: [LAU] an rt kernel for ubuntu 8.10 ?

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 20:55:02 EET

Dave-

  While it has been a while since I compiled a kernel, I think you might
want to look at this if you are looking for stable...

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2660945418.html

Essentially the PREEMPT_RT patches are only considered stable at this time
on up to 2.6.26, the newer stuff should be considered dev. At least if I
understood the article correctly. At any rate this is probably where I
would start if I was going to compile one today from scratch.

               Seablade