Re: [LAU] Bpm detection/quantize

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 22:33:48 EET

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 01:25:55AM +0000, pete shorthose wrote:

> And if you could lay claim to the canonical definition
> of words like art, music, painting and creative then all of that
> would mean more than it does.

Any discussion about the definition of words
is pointless. If your definition of 'art' or
'creativity' differs from mine that is no
problem as long as we are aware of that.
The practical consequence is that if we want
to debate we should either agree on one
definition and use that without any implicit
emotional connotation, or use two words, e.g.
'PS-art' and 'FA-art'.

There are no canonical definitions of these
words, people tend to use a definition that
agrees with their vision on those things.
The real debate is about those visions, not
the meaning of words.

Ciao,

--
FA