Re: [LAU] midi keyboards, jackd, low latency

From: Bradley Reed <bradreed1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 26 2009 - 23:55:42 EET

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:20:48 -0200
tizo <tizone@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Looking at the different IRQ, I have saw that my sound card is sharing
> the IRQ 16 with an USB port, and the video driver. This is a cat of
> /proc/interrupts:
>
> I have searched a lot on Internet, and even in the list, and I have
> not found a way to change the IRQ assignments. In fact, I have read
> some mails that said that I can't do that in a laptop (except in some
> Thinkpads, where IRQ can be changed in the BIOS), as in PCs this can
> be done changing the card to other slot. In other places, some kernel
> parameters were suggested to obtain other IRQ assignments, but the
> only parameter that change those in my computer, was "acpi=off", and
> it was not better. In this case, /proc/interrupts shows the following:

When you load the snd-hda-intel module include the enable_msi=1 option.
I do this on my laptop by adding the line:

options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

to my /etc/modprobe.d/sound file (but the file may be different on
your distro. I use Slackware.)

This moves my sound card to an interrupt of its own on my laptop.

HTH,
Brad