Re: [LAU] Join the Debian Multimedia Team! (to improve the state of Linux audio)

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 17:04:02 EET

> Hey Ico,
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean. While I would
> encourage the people from the Debian Multimedia Team to subscribe to a
> list
> like linux-audio-tuning to discuss tuning issues and grab ideas from here,
> I don't see how we could provide mirroring or any kind of services like
> this (we have limited resources), and even if we could, I don't see why
> *we* should do it.
>
> If I understood the original mail correctly, this initiative is meant to
> be
> integrated to *Debian*, and is meant to make the *Debian* distro better,
> because it is *Debian* which has issues with linux-audio. Why should
> linux-audio chime in ?

Because this is an opportunity to extend distro transparency and ultimately
allow developers to spend more time on developing rather than dealing with
differences between distros.

Besides, we already mirror UbuntuStudio, JACKlab, and 64Studio, so why
shouldn't we also encourage Debian Multimedia to join the consortium and in
turn allow them to use whatever resources we may have.

All that being said, I do agree with you that we have limited resources, and
in part I am hoping that through these kinds of initiatives we could bring
in more contributors to the core Linuxaudio.org services.

Ico