Re: [LAU] (For the crafters)Swtich to choose one from four reed/pipes

From: plutek-infinity <plutek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 18:58:07 EET

*if* it's acceptable to simply have each pipe switchable independantly, this could be soldered together easily and cheaply with off-the-shelf plumbing components:

--S---T--T--T--E
      | | | |
      V V V V
      | | | |
      1 2 3 4

(please view monospaced for the ascii art!)

S = supply
T = T-joint
E = elbow-joint
V = valve
1-4 = your pipes

if you use lever-type shutoff valves, which just turn 45 degrees to open and close, and if the whole thing is mounted to a stable surface, you could easily close one valve and open another in less than a second with one hand. if you need only *one movement* to switch from one pipe to another, it gets more difficult. i don't know of any existing one-to-four distribution "switch" for fluids, but perhaps they exist.

of course, if you venture into electronically controlled valves, anything is possible.

cheers!

--
.pltk.