Re: [LAU] surround sound with mplayer and windows media

From: Hector Centeno <hcengar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 14 2009 - 18:31:49 EET

Hello Julien,

Using OpenSuse 11.0 I was only able to open the file with VLC. The
Codec Details in the Information section in VLC says:

Codec: wmap
Type: Audio
Channels: 6
Sample Rate: 44100Hz
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 192 kb/s

I'm not at my studio now so I don't have a multichannel setup to test
it but I've played DVD videos with multichannel audio before with VLC
and Jack. I don't know if VLC works the same with multichannel audio
files (I assume it will) since I'm trying now in my laptop and VLC
refuses to use Jack for some reason.

Cheers,

Hector