Re: [LAU] Web-based Notation

From: Laura Conrad <sunny@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 20 2009 - 18:30:23 EET

    andy> David Baron wrote:
>> Folk seeking notation alternatives my check this out!
>>
>> http://www.noteflight.com

    andy> Does it have a midi import feature?

I don't see one. Only xml input. Which will be fine when there start
being lots of programs that output it, and people figure out how to do
it. Right now, I don't know anyone who's sharing MusicXML
transcriptions.

Does anyone know a way to get MIDI into MusicXML?

Right now Lilypond has people working actively on MusicXML input, but
as far as I know, people are only talking about MusicXML output.

Everybody knows how bad MIDI is as a notation exchange format, but the
number of people really working on getting anything better is really
small.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@email-addr-hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139