Re: [LAU] How to activate Midi over Gameport?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 19:36:34 EEST

Hi!
   I once had the same setup. I just enable the general MPU401 MIDI driver in
ALSA and that was that. I just attached the right cable (gameport to MIDI i/o)
and all worked as well as could be expected.
   With alsa you could try aconnect -li and aconnect -lo to see ALSA sequencer
MIDI ports offered by your soundcard. Perhaps they're already there.
   You could try this to test (having figured out the number of your midi
port).
aplaymidi -p 16:0 test.mid
   The 16 would be the port number (client number) gotten from aconnect the :0
says use the first port of that client (which is some kind of standard or
default). If you have a MIDI keyboard connected, which can play back MIDI from
MIDI-in, you'll see if it works.
   About rosegarden, I don't know. But I think it still works with ALSA
sequencer MIDI system, so no need, to dabble with JACK MIDI right from the
start.
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------