Re: [LAU] Newer USB audio interfaces

From: Allan Wind <allan_wind@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2009 - 04:37:02 EEST

On 2009-04-28T21:04:29, Bill Allen wrote:
> Any other ideas? I'm looking to replace my venerable Edirol UA-20 with
> something a little more modern since I've never been able to get its midi
> and audio working together. In advanced mode, midi works but no audio and
> vice-versa.

I tried an UA-25EX which lacks separate volume control for output and
headphones. My sample was also defective. Lexicon Omega also does not
have separate output and headphone volume control so it did not work out
for me, but if you can live with the plastic case it sounded pretty good
to me. The other two devices that I considered was a TAPCO Link.USB and
Alesis iO|2. Mackie which builds the TAPCO device had quality problems
at the time, as in not shipping products, so I ended up with the iO|2 by
process of elimination. The iO|2 sounds ok, but the loud pops on power
on/off does not exactly inspire confidence in the product. The form
factor is a bit strange with some input connectors on the top of the
device.

/Allan

--
Allan Wind