Re: [LAU] ACPI, HW and Jack issues? "[solved]"

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 12:05:56 EEST

On Wednesday 13 May 2009 23.06.05 hollunder@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> The question is if this is a calculated or real (measured) value.
> Consider measuring with jdelay.

I'm not sure how to use jdelay (jack_delay), but I started it and connected
jack_delay's out to system playback_in and system capture_1 to jack_delay's in
and then listening to that terrible sound, here is the output:

With latencies 2.9 and according to qjackctl:

capture latency = 64
playback_latency = 128
Signal below threshold...
Signal below threshold...

1.45
and with latency 1.45 according to qjackctl:
capture latency = 32
playback_latency = 64

and with latency 0.726 according to qjackctl:

capture latency = 16
playback_latency = 32
Signal below threshold...
Signal below threshold...

How come that I only get "Signal below threshold... ", is that right and is it
good? If I start up TimeMachine, then the meter shows 5 (pretty high output).

Jostein