Re: [LAU] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 03:27:52 EEST

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 06:37:27PM +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
<SNIP>

> 4. Stopping and starting in qjackctl does not help,
> this always starts the 'wrong' one. Qjackctl's setup
> window still shows the 'right' one, but all settings
> there are ignored.
>
> 5. So it's now impossible to start the 'right' one
> from qjackctl. To revert to normal you have to kill
> a daemon created by the dbus stuff.

Are you setting the Interface box to hw:1,0? I do that for my system
and QJackCtl always starts on the right device, my HDSP 9652, and not
the on-board nvidia chip.

I've not paid much attention to the details but Geoff Beasly once told
me to get rid of the dbus stuff completely as it didn't work well with
Jack so I've tended to stay away from it. I have dbus turned off in my
use flags and don't start it at boot time.

- Mark