Re: [LAU] ubuntu realtime.

From: Bill Allen <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 04:32:50 EEST

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Is Ubuntu development really this bad ?

Just for another data point. I've stuck with 8.04 due mostly to laziness and
the fact that it's working fine. I use the stock rt kernel. The only real
tinkering I've had to do is build jack-rack from source since the stock
ubuntu 8.04 version won't read or save racks. I get down to around 11ms
latency in jack and I'm happy enough with that - I never notice any delay
even when I'm playing guitar live. I know there are some cool new features
that I'm missing and especially I know that I'm using a version of jackd
that Paul has said is awful, but it works for me and as someone else
mentioned, at some point you've got to be making music.

Regards,
Bill