Re: [LAU] Building a DAW

From: Ricus Vincente <wizardofgosz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 19:28:20 EEST

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 12:20 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> Ardour syncs to MTC, which is just re-encoded timecode. I've been told
> by a company that specializes in timecode sync hardware that it syncs
> faster and more accurately than any other product in the market place.
> Its not technically hard to sync to SMPTE itself, but nobody has had
> the incentive to do the work. I'd be happy to consider doing it as a
> paid project - it would probably be about 4-8 hours work.

 If it'll sync to MTC then we're good.

> Not necessarily. I have a JL Cooper box that does bi-directional
> conversion between LTC and MTC.

 Yup, and they're not too much money. As long as it can sync to
something. Awesome.

> Has it even been reported to the bug tracker? Note that Harrisons
> XDubber is built around this functionality, and they tend to beat this
> stuff to death. I've heard no reports of problems with punch in until
> Fons bought it up on this mailing in. There is one vaguely related
> report from sometime in 2007 with version 2.0, and that was believed
> to be fixed (it was actually a crashing bug).

 I learned about this from Fons. I haven't personally experienced it.

 I'm just looking forward to having another choice other than the
two-inch machine in the studio where I work. :-)

 Rich...