Re: [LAU] Audio Distribution Proposal...Lots of good stuff in this read!

From: Ronald Stewart <ronaldjstewart@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 02:18:57 EEST

We moved Transmission up to 9.04 because 9.04 works on so many netbooks out
of the box.
That way Indamixx can run on most netbooks on the market :)
Also, 8.04 didn't do so hot for network manager and 9.04 is ready for 3G and
such.
2.6.29.1 is much improved and Free Ekanayaka works in his super tuned RT so
we can squeeze everything from Atom. Thnx Free!!!
Newer gnome too!
I believe these were the most compelling arguments.

Again, Linux and the Linux community has been a true blessing for a Mom and
Son small time operation.
The next big step that I personally want to take is the ability to colab
with 64studio and create a Linux Audio community type 'fund' so that
we can contribute financially to JACK, ALSA and Mixxx to name a few.
We just have not had enough sales of Indamixx yet to date.
Ideally I would like to see a percentage of USB key sales to go to this
fund.
Without JACK, ALSA and others such as Ardour and Mixxx the concept of
Indamixx as a product (a compilation of pro audio related applications with
real time OS) couldn't stand a chance. Atleast TMHO.

I think the real story here is how a bunch of strangers have put together an
audio OS that rivals the big boys!
and we did win Remix Magazine 'Most Inovative' Product of the Year 2009.
This is a huge win for Linux Audio and Linux community that a group of rag
tag strangers around the world can pull it off
versus all the other solutions out there on the planet.

All along the way I have thanked the Linux community for making my personal
dream come true (affordable mobile DAW).
I can't take any of the credit except to get up every morning for almost 5
straight years and that was God doing it :)

I think I have met the most peopel on the team.
Daniel James, Free Ekanayaka, Paul Davis, Rui Capela, and Jorgen Aase but
the rest of the contributors such as John Emmas,
Albert Santoni, Garth Dahlstrom, Stephen Fairchild, Cosmo, Patrick Shirkey
and others I have never met!

Of course I give big shout outs to Dave Phillips (aka Yoda as I like to call
him) and Paul Davis (aka Obi Wan as I like to call him)
on all my manuals and marketing materials.

Maybe one day one of these tech bloggers will slow down for a moment to
write about this incredible reality story of Linux and the community but
maybe its just not big enough news? I know that it's pretty substantial
that we are for sale at retailers such as Musician's Friend but just not big
enough news I guess?

I am seriously thinking about making spoof web commercials calling my self
'The Real Steve Gates'
"I am not Stevbe Jobs or Bill Gates, I am Steve Gates"
Maybe that will stir the pot to get noticed a bit... and we can have lots of
fun too!
Did someone say 'I am not a PC commercial?

Thank you

Ronald Stewart
Creative Director
Trinity Audio Group Inc.