Re: [LAU] Daemons, daemons...kill those daemons.

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 03:43:00 EEST

On Sun, June 14, 2009 11:10 am, Brent Busby wrote:
> Okay, thanks for the info. By the way, is KDE 4 still a mess (as I keep
> hearing), or should all the fear and loathing subside now?

No, it is not a mess. My well meaning brother installed a laptop with
Kubuntu and KDE4 for my dear old mom to use. (argh....) Still, it's
worked out OK. The only trouble I've had is configuring the wireless
applet to work with WPA.

KDE 4 is definately worth a look. However, I'm not switching my family's
desktops yet. ("Daddy!! Why did you have to go and change
everything?!?!")

> (Still wondering about possible effects of global banning of esd...)

:-)

--
               G a b r i e l   M   B e d d i n g f i e l d