Re: [LAU] Audacity: not good for making loops

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 27 2009 - 23:29:58 EEST

Hallo,
Justin Smith hat gesagt: // Justin Smith wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Kim Cascone<kim@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> > can anyone suggest an audio editor (on Linux) that edits loops in real-time?
>
> rezound if I recall correctly, but really there is little reason to
> use anything other than ardour for audio editing on linux, it will do
> loops as you trim them in real time, plus so much more.

Actually the easy to use loop cutting is one of the reasons I still start
Rezound besides Ardour. Its loop playing functionality is much nicer and more
intuitive than Ardour's.

Oh, and personally I'm not very fond of Audacity, too. I don't know why it's so
popular on the web, it's lacking in many areas, not just loop cutting.

Ciao

--
Frank