Re: [LAU] Audacity: not good for making loops

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 28 2009 - 16:51:58 EEST

Emiliano Grilli wrote:
> Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>

>> .... I use ReZound to do most of my touch-up edits to my own work.
>>

> How do you manage to use it with JACK in a stable way? I'm sure that
> at Studio Dave, as here at cricketstudios JACK is "always on" :)

No, I use ReZound without JACK. My sessions in ReZound are usually
pretty short, consisting mostly of trim and normalization operations.

>> re: Wavosaur - Indeed, some Windows users are more likely to use it than
>> Audacity, primarily because of its support for VST and ASIO. I use it
>> with Reaper under WINE, performance is very good there.
>>

> I don't know of wavosaur... I was using goldwave long long time ago on
> windows.. I tend to avoid wine if I can, now.

I understand. However, since I have to test it every now and then I do
try to maintain a working Wine-based sound & music environment here,
though I don't do any production work with it.

> BTW, compliments for the lightning/zebra jacket ;)

It's a killer, isn't it ? Alas, the picture is a composite, and the
jacket belongs/belonged to the great J.B. Lenoir, a hero of the blues :

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._Lenoir

Best,

dp