Re: [LAU] (re)introducing myself

From: Aaron Johnson <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 19:55:51 EEST

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 21:21:58 +0200, Roberto Gordo Saez <
roberto.gordo@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 12:21:27PM -0500, Aaron Johnson wrote:
> > Linux since the old days of 1997, when the only real distro out there
> worth
> > installing was Slackware!!!!
>
> o_O
>
> I wonder why do you think that Debian was not a real distro worth
> installing on 1997??? I was a very happy user of Debian since 1996 and
> I liked both Red Hat and Slackware before that. Slackware was nice, but
> I definitely don't agree that it was "the only real distro out there
> worth installing".
>

> --

Hmm....didn't mean to start YADW (yet another distro war)...FWIW, I no
longer hold either Debian or Slackware in high esteem, and prefer Arch! ;)

Actually, what I remember at the time was that Slackware was big, and I
wasn't aware really of Debian. Ret Hat was in infancy.

But anyway, my point was to share my music with people, and the fact that
it's all made with Linux:
http://www.akjmusic.com/works.html

Cheers,
Aaron.