Re: [LAU] (no subject)

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 13:56:55 EEST

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Sunday 12 July 2009 15:49:24 Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> Dave Phillips wrote:

>>> Btw, I have a MIDI file of that piece, in case anyone wants it.
>>>
>>> (Totally straightfaced),
>>>
>>> dp
>> cool. send it my way. i've had no soundfonts whatsoever installed on my
>> system for quite a while, and i was wondering what to do with them.
>
> I much prefer analogue silence to digital silence and midi silence comes in
> last. Well unless we get into virtual silence and imaginary silence.

I never get any imaginary silence - my imaginary friends just won't shut
up! "They're coming to take me away, ha ha, to the happy home with trees
and flowers and chirping birds - they're coming to take me away!"

> On a related topic, I heard that the income that can be earned from a public
> performance of this piece on a Tuesday between 9 and 11 pm is proportional to
> the volume at which it is performed.

Well, as I get older, I find that I have to crank the volume up when I
listen to it now ...

> Can anyone on list confirm or deny this
> fict?

("fict"ion?) ;-)

Now I want to know ... should we have 4"33' of silence each August 12 in
memory of Mr Cage?

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden