[LAU] jackd version 0.116.1 - sampling rate of 44099 hz?

From: Justin Smith <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 02:26:44 EEST

I have an ensoniq audiopci card that I have been using successfully at
48000 hz for a while now. I have just started working on a project
with prerecorded material at 44100 hz, so I reconfigured jack in order
to avoid needless sample rate conversion. Somehow jack thinks that my
card is running at 44099 hz, so it is resampling the source material
anyway.

Why would my card be running at 44099 hz, is this a software or
hardware problem? I am going to just edit the wav headers to say 44099
so they agree with the engine sample rate for now, but would be
interested to know what the source of this weirdness would be.