[LAU] USB MIDI devices

From: Joan Quintana <joan_quintana@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 03:47:48 EEST

I would like to make a personal project. Buy in thinkgeek.com a Korg Nano Digital Music Controllers (http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/musical-instruments/af36/) and make it available for Linux, and make MIDI programming like I make in my several MIDI devices. I have no experience in USB MIDI devices and I want to ask if I can spend with no doubt the 50$ that costs.

For instance, USB MIDI keyboards are available in Linux like is explained in http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/USB_Midi_Keyboards

aconnect -i

client 72: 'MK-361 USB MIDI keyboard' [type=kernel]
    0 'MK-361 USB MIDI keyboard MIDI 1'

...but I don't know if this is usefull for all USB MIDI devices like the ones that I say.

Thanks,
Joan Quintana