Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 30, Issue 6

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 12:35:04 EEST

Paul Neaveill wrote:
> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 21:36:02 -1000
> From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden
> <http://us.mc332.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=gnome@email-addr-hidden>>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] resubmitting questions from last week
> To: linuxaudio <linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
> <http://us.mc332.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>>
>
> Perhaps you're so far out on the leading edge of audio kernel
> configuration that you're pursuing things nobody else is doing yet?
>
> Document well what you do, you may be blazing the trail!
>

> Paul
>
> Appreciate the compliment, but assure you that am not intending anything
> even close to that at all. Rather, am simply and humbly asking where to
> plug in the values mentioned last week or so by several people about the
> migration, posixcputmr and the other things.
>
> Continued thanks in advance and process of this

Well, good luck. I don't even have an RT kernel running on my
synthesizer/effects laptop setup - the attempt to add an RT kernel to an
Ubuntu setup successfully hosed the Ubuntu setup beyond my willingness
to try to repair.

I do need to add one, though! Or maybe do some selective optimization
(like removing wireless support, I don't use wireless, anyway). Xruns
and crackling, plus messages that it has run out of CPU. I'd like to use
JACKRack's plugins, but using more than one at time to process
fluidsynth-generated sounds seems to be more than what the laptop's
2.8GHz Celeron is capable of handling without an RT kernel.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden