Re: [LAU] recording my new band

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 09 2009 - 14:36:55 EEST

Den Sunday 09 August 2009 03.30.30 skrev Loki Davison:
> On 8/9/09, Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> >> Why?
> >
> > Because the OP wants an get a stereo mix of a jam session easily
> > without phase issues. Plus he already has an audio interface with 2
> > mic pres.
>
> Ahh, so 2 channels is the way to go? I'd love to be able to change the
> relative volume of the instruments afterwards as i've got a habit of
> playing a little too loud vs the lead singer ;) Also our lead
> guitarist is often way too quiet. Though if everyone has there own mic
> i guess you get strange phase effects? A pair of condensers is best?
> Non-matched ok?

The community is really good for advice but if you're unfamiliar with
recording and such I suggest you read something. As you're a swede (no pun
intended) there is a really nice compilation of recording articles in the
monthly magazine "Studio". Unfortunatly there is just a pdf left. But here it
is. I bought it just out of curiosity a few years ago and it was very nice
reading.

http://shop.idg.se/pdf/articleInfo.asp?mcat=22&cat=80&item=21333

regards,

PS. They have another nice compilation of articles, about mixing.
http://shop.idg.se/pdf/articleInfo.asp?mcat=22&cat=80&item=20842 DS.

/bengan