Re: [LAU] Simple, fast, easy notation software?

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 21:32:44 EEST

> I'm looking for a simple, fast, easy notation software. The goal is that I
> can very quickly input a melody line or riff, maybe overlay chord symbols on
> it, when learning new songs or writing them, so that I don't forget them.

I use MUP. No gui ... and for me that is just fine. Not quite free.

ABC is similar. And if you still want to pursue non-gui stuff there is PMW
(Phillip's music writer) ... free, but again might be too much.

I was looking at musescore this morning as well. If you want a gui, etc.
this might be worth looking at. Looks clean, etc.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden