Re: [LAU] Simple, fast, easy notation software?

From: Jonathan Gazeley <jonathan.gazeley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 21:35:19 EEST

Hi Ken,

At the risk of giving a totally inappropriate answer - I use Noteworthy
Composer. It's a Windows package and it's not free *dodges tomatoes* but
it works reasonably well under Wine.

I use it because I first got into digital music production on Windows
several years before I got into Linux. I've now fully switched to Linux
but after searching extensively for an equivalent notation editor with
MIDI, but I haven't yet found anything I like, and habits are hard to
change.

Noteworthy is fast and simple, and doesn't do anything unless you tell
it to.

Just my opinion!

Cheers,
Jonathan