Re: [LAU] [ot] a little help with bootloaders...

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 16:13:55 EEST

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 5:54 AM, TheOther<theother1510@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
<SNIP>
> In Linux I could view the entire Windows drive which was formatted in
> FAT or FAT32.  The reverse was not true since I was using EXT3 for the
> Linux drive.
<SNIP>

Even this doesn't have to be true. I use the Windows EXT3 driver and
can both read and write my EXT3 partitions. Note that for safety I
typically reserve a single EXT3 linux partition for doing this and
don't mess with any of my important system level partitions.

I've used this for 2-3 years on my XP machines without any problems,
but of course I cannot guarantee anything. Please read all the
documentation as there are limitations, none of which are a problem
for me but might be for others.

Cheers,
Mark

http://www.fs-driver.org/