Re: [LAU] [LAD] [PD-announce] smeck (6ch guitar processing patch) released]

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 22:09:03 EEST

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> I'm a guitarist, but if I like to play guitar by using my ability, I
> prefer to play the guitar as a classical electric guitar. Even for
> experimental music it is not bad to be able to play guitar, as we can
> hear by listening to Fred Frith and other experimental musicians, but to
> do it there's no need to be able to play guitar.

so in response to somebody else creating tools that they or others
want to use, you're going to lecture us about how to play a "classical
electrical guitar", and instrument not invented until 1931 or so, and
that didn't become commercially successful until the 1950's?

rather than giving us a treatise on guitar technique, maybe you would
be better off spending time watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXy3-Ni-M5Y

there are better forums than LAD for sharing your opinions on
good/bad/indifferent ways of making music.