Re: [LAU] [LAD] [PD-announce] smeck (6ch guitar processing patch) released]

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 23:05:35 EEST

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
> I guess there's nothing wrong to encourage somebody who guess that he isn't
> able to play guitar, that he anyway should play guitar and ignore bullshit
> like stupid guitar playing, similar to the Roland synth way. This was what I
> did.

what possible relevance does this have to LAD? miller puckette made
something possible, and you sounded to me as though you were
complaining that what he did was a bad idea because it doesn't fit in
with your ideas of aesthetic creation. i have my own ideas about good
and bad and terrible ways to make music, and the results thereof, but
i generally try to keep this to myself, and certainly keep it off LAD.
 i found your commentary on miller's work rude and insulting, both as
a wannabe musician and as a developer of FLOSS. if you are not
interested in what he has done, then just don't bother to comment upon
it.

of course, i may have misread your comments.