Re: [LAU] ableton live in vmware

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 21:30:05 EEST

No, it's not possible. I've tried Reason, Ableton, Cubase, all the shizznit.
Nothing works via Wine or Virtualization. Technically, even if it does,
there'll be a huge latency issue. And by works, I mean from sequence to
synthesis to dac, not "program starts up ok". If VMWare has proper JACK
output, then it might. The problem is virtualization virtualizes a sound
chip, often one just adequate to play back system sounds or at most music.