[LAU] ableton live in vmware

From: Atte Andre Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 20:38:31 EEST

Hi

I'm about to consider trying out ableton live. Since I don't have
windows (or macOS) installed, I'm thinking about installing the windows
(vista) I got with my laptop in vmware. But first I'd like to ask a few
questions here:

1) Doesn't anyone here have first hand experience with running ableton
live through vmware?

2) Does it run fast/slow?

3) Can it be used with jack?

4) How about jack transport (for syncing other apps)?

5) Something not working?

6) Something to avoid?

7) Anything special I should do?

Other non-first-hand experiences are also welcome.

NB: I'm hoping we could avoid a) it's-closed-source-and-therefore-sucks
and b) it's-a-crappy-app-in-the-first-place :-)

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte