Re: [LAU] ableton live in vmware

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 28 2009 - 16:41:57 EEST

On 08/28/2009 09:36 PM, drew Roberts wrote:
> On Thursday 27 August 2009 23:39:15 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> IIUC, it doesn't have functionality to play multiple patterns at the
>> same time.
>>
> I thought this was incorrect and just did a little test in case my memory was
> faulty. I put the stick in one pattern, the closed hat in another, put both
> patterns under one another in the song editor and set to song mode. Hit play,
> the stick and the hat played.
>
> Is the song editor what you are referring to as a grid? Sure looks like a grid
> to me.
>
> patterns down the side and bars across the top. if you highlight the
> intersection of a pattern and a bar, that pattern will play when the song
> gets to that bar. (I am not sure what I am referring to as bars are
> considered bars by hydrogen.)

In this case I am referring to a grid of buttons that can be used to
trigger the various patterns. The is seperate from the pattern
sequencing grid. The buttons would be larger and shinier and the column
would be roughly 4 - 10 buttons wide. On each button the pattern name
would be displayed. When pressing the button it would trigger the
pattern on/off.

It's actually not needed in order to get the multiple patterns playing
at one time as Gabriel explains in his last post. However it is what AL
users would be used to.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd