Re: [LAU] ableton live in vmware

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 17:19:13 EEST

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Michael Bohle<opendaw@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Live 8 is Seq24, Sooperlooper, Ardour and Rosegarden, together with jack rack and hydrogen, zynaddsubfx and linuxsampler, guitarrack and xjadeo.... but Live is more then the single pieces: together in one app with "total recall", a perfect workflow.

For me, this is the beauty of working in Linux for pro audio is
because I am not forced into anyone's workflow except my own... I can
pick and choose the individual pieces I want to interconnect and make
my own custom modular DAW ... I realize this isn't for everyone, who
want to have everything in one app... but I find it hard to work in
the Windows world because I can't really pick and choose little pieces
of functionality of what I want to build and expect them all to work
together easily. The Windows world seems more fixated on plugins and
they can be cumbersome (standalone version of some plugins perform
much better when they aren't running inside a host)

-- Brett