Re: [LAU] ableton live in vmware

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 22:32:35 EEST

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Atte Andre Jensen<atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Actually this (a live daw) might be the largest blind angle in linux
> audio, and as others I survive with good-enough home brewed stuff (mine
> is done in chuck, I imagine most use pd or supercollider). Mine is
> working ok, getting more and more polished, but still only does what I
> need the most (although some of that is outside the scope of live, like
> algorithmic improvisations guided by user input).

I think it's pretty safe to say that having AL-like features (MIDI
friendly, elastic audio) would be the "killer app" for Linux audio. I
really can't think of anything else that Linux audio *can't* do.
Hell, we've conquered the VST issue, synthesis, midi, algorithmic
music programming, patch-type programming...is there really anything
else? (well, yea, there is, but you see my point...)

The bigger question is, how do people like myself who cannot code
assist in making this happen? I'm certainly willing to pay money and
encourage others to do the same, however I would like to know that my
money is going towards something specific that I want.

Any suggestions?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com