[LAU] OT: Help finding parts for a CME UF-8

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 06:00:51 EEST

I've been attempting to help a friend by trying to repair his CME UF-8 controller. It had a few stuck keys.

I've repaired my own Novation and M-Audio controllers before. It's almost always the contact strips-- those little bubbles of rubber with carbonized contacts that the keys press down on.

Well, these need replacing. But they're totally different than the "standard" kind used on M-Audio and Novation gear. They are weird-looking:

http://restivo.org/misc/contactstrip4.jpg
and
http://restivo.org/misc/contactstrip5.jpg

I need 8 of these things (there are 12 contacts per strip). CME is utterly useless. They have no phone number on their website! They don't answer emails. They have a USA distributor, who I've called and called and called, but alas their own official distributor can't get a return email from CME.

I'm getting worried now. This thing has been sitting disassembled and useless for weeks now. Where could I find these parts? Are they used on any other gear? Are there any other sources for it?

-ken